The University of Iowa search committee for the new vice president for medical affairs and dean of the Carver College of Medicine has selected four final candidates. The candidates will visit campus to participate in open forums and meet with faculty, staff, students, shared governance, and campus leadership.
While in-person attendance in 1110 Prem Sahai Auditorium in the Medical Education Research Facility is encouraged for the open forums, a Zoom option will be available. The dates, times, and Zoom links for the forums are as follows:
- Noon to 1 p.m. Monday, Aug. 22
- Zoom link: https://uiowa.zoom.us/j/94606472050
- Noon to 1 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 25
- Zoom link: https://uiowa.zoom.us/j/98732599630
- Noon to 1 p.m. Monday, Aug. 29
- Zoom link: https://uiowa.zoom.us/j/92254016944
- Noon to 1 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 1
- Zoom link: https://uiowa.zoom.us/j/96831673221
The name of each candidate will be announced 24 hours before their open forum.
President Barbara Wilson and Executive Vice President and Provost Kevin Kregel in March named John Keller, special assistant to the provost, Graduate College dean emeritus, and professor in the College of Dentistry, and Cynthia Wong, professor and departmental executive officer, Department of Anesthesia in the Carver College of Medicine, as co-chairs of the search committee to replace Brooks Jackson, who announced in February that he would return to faculty when his successor begins.
For more information, see the VPMA/Carver College of Medicine dean search website.