Editor's note: This story has been updated from its original version to correct information.
The University of Iowa has announced the search committee for the next vice president for medical affairs and dean of the Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine.
UI President Barbara Wilson and Executive Vice President and Provost Kevin Kregel previously named John Keller, special assistant to the provost, Graduate College dean emeritus, and professor in the College of Dentistry, and Cynthia Wong, professor and departmental executive officer, Department of Anesthesia in the Carver College of Medicine, as co-chairs of the search committee to replace Brooks Jackson.
Joining Keller and Wong on the search committee will be:
- Ted Abel, Professor, Roy J. Carver Chair in Neuroscience, and departmental executive officer, Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, and director of the Iowa Neuroscience Institute
- Sheila Baldwin, vice president of health sciences development, UI Center for Advancement
- Sherry Bates, president pro tem, Board of Regents, State of Iowa
- Catherine Bradley, professor, departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Urology, Carver College of Medicine; professor, Department of Epidemiology, College of Public Health; division director, Urogynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery, Faculty Senate and Council representative
- Mark Braun, executive director, Board of Regents, State of Iowa, ex-officio member
- Mike Brownlee, clinical associate professor and associate dean, College of Pharmacy, and chief pharmacy officer and associate director, UI Hospitals & Clinics
- Chris Cooper, professor, Department of Urology, and senior associate dean for medical education, Carver College of Medicine
- Nkanyezi Ferguson, clinical associate professor, Department of Dermatology, Carver College of Medicine
- Megan Foley-Nicpon, professor and DEO, Department of Psychological and Quantitative Foundations, College of Education
- Isabella Grumbach, professor and interim chair and DEO, Department of Internal Medicine, Carver College of Medicine
- Lindell Joseph, clinical professor and director, Health Systems/Administration and CNL Programs, College of Nursing, Faculty Senate and Council representative
- Jackie Kleppe, director of outreach and engagement, UI Health Care Marketing and Communications, and president-elect, UI Staff Council
- J. Lawrence Marsh, professor, Carroll B. Larson Chair, and DEO, Department of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation, Carver College of Medicine
- Pete Matthes, vice president for external relations and senior advisor to the president
- Madison Mix, Medical Scientist Training Program graduate student, Interdisciplinary Graduate Program in Immunology, Carver College of Medicine
- Santiago Ortega-Gutierrez, clinical associate professor, director of neurointerventional surgery in neurology, director of endovascular surgical neuroradiology fellowship, Department of Neurology, Radiology and Neurosurgery, Carver College of Medicine
- Edith Parker, dean, College of Public Health, and professor, Department of Community and Behavioral Health
- Dionne Skeete, clinical professor and director, Acute Care Surgery Division, Department of Surgery, Carver College of Medicine
- Alexander Thompson, clinical professor and vice chair for education, Department of Psychiatry, Carver College of Medicine
The search firm WittKieffer has been selected to assist with the process.
The new vice president for medical affairs (VPMA) and dean of the Carver College of Medicine will replace Jackson, who announced in February that he will return to faculty to focus on his research once his successor begins. Jackson started at the university in November 2017 and led UI Health Care and the Carver College of Medicine through a time of expansion and a global pandemic.
A national search for the next CEO of UI Hospitals & Clinics will begin after the new VPMA and dean has started.