The first meeting of the University of Iowa Presidential Search and Screen Committee has been set for Wednesday, March 25. The 21- member committee will meet from 1 to 3 p.m. in the Kelch Conference Room, 1289 of the Carver Biomedical Research Building (CBRB) on the UI campus.
The meeting date was announced during the March Iowa Board of Regents meeting on the UI campus by Search Committee Chair Jean Robillard, UI vice president for medical affairs. Robillard described it as an “organizational meeting,” which will be open to the public.
Live audio streaming of the meeting and a recording upon its conclusion will available on the UI President Search homepage.
A press availability will be held immediately following the meeting.
Board of Regents President Bruce Rastetter says the timeline of the search will ensure faculty and students are on campus when the finalists’ names are made public. “The committee hopes to bring finalists to campus during the first week of the fall semester,” says Rastetter.
The board announced the members of the Presidential Search and Screen Committee in February:
Jean Robillard, vice president for medical affairs, chair
3 -- Members of the Board of Regents
- Bruce Rastetter, president, Iowa Board of Regents
- Katie S. Mulholland, president pro tem, Iowa Board of Regents
- Milt Dakovich, member, Iowa Board of Regents
Dean of the University of Iowa Tippie College of Business or designee
- Sarah Fisher Gardial, dean
7 -- Representatives of the University of Iowa Faculty Senate – president and president-elect and five members of the faculty
- Alexandra Thomas, clinical associate professor of Internal Medicine and president of UI Faculty Senate
- Christina Bohannan, professor and Lauridsen Family Fellow in Law and vice president of UI Faculty Senate
- Meenakshi Gigi Durham, professor of Journalism and Mass Communication, Collegiate Scholar
- Lena Hill, associate professor of English
- Dorothy Johnson, Roy J. Carver Professor of Art History
- Aliasger K. Salem, professor of Pharmaceutics and Translational Therapeutics
- Larry J. Weber, Edwin B. Green Chair in Hydraulics
UI Staff Council President or designee
- Chuck Wieland, operations administrator, School of Social Work and president of UI Staff Council
UI Student Government President or designee
- Patrick Bartoski, president, UI Student Government and a UI junior, majoring in finance and accounting
UI Graduate and Professional Student Government representative
- Alyssa Billmeyer, College of Pharmacy student and president of Graduate and Professional Student Government
2—Representatives of the UI Foundation
- Catherine A. Zaharis, chair, UI Foundation Board of Directors
- Jerre L. Stead, co-chair of Iowa First: Our Campaign for Breakthrough Medicine
2—Representatives of the University of Iowa Alumni Association
- Jeff Courter, (West Des Moines) attorney with Nyemaster Goode and chairperson, UI Alumni Association Board of Directors
- Peter Jeffries, (Clive) National Engagements director of AARP and former chairperson, UI Alumni Association Board of Directors
2-- Members of the Public appointed by the Board of Regents
- Mary Kramer, (Clive) former Iowa State Senator and U.S ambassador
- Dr. Larry Beaty, (West Des Moines), graduate UI College of Medicine
21 –voting members
- Bob Donley, executive director, Board of Regents
- Diana Gonzalez, chief academic officer, Board of Regents
- Peter Matthes, interim chief of staff and vice president for external affairs, UI Office of the President
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all UI-sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to attend this meeting, call the Office of the President in advance at 319-335-3549.