The University of Iowa School of Music will present a free piano recital by guest artist Jose R. Lopez, associate professor and coordinator of the Keyboard Studies Program at Florida International University in Miami, at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 2, in Riverside Recital Hall on the UI campus.
The program will include:
- 6 Bagatelles,Op. 126 by Ludwig van Beethoven
- Chai Variations on Eliahu HaNavi by Judith Shatin
- November, from “Das Jahr” (The Year) by Fanny Hensel (née Mendelssohn)
- 25 Preludes, Op. 31 by Charles Valentin Alkan
- Nocturne in B major, Op. 22 by Charles Valentin Alkan
- Trois Petites Fantaisies, Op. 41 by Charles Valentin Alkan
Lopez has performed throughout the United States, Italy, and Central and South America with orchestras, solo recitals, and chamber groups in concert halls and summer festivals such as the Music Festival of the Hamptons in New York and the Killington Music Festival in Vermont. Active throughout South Florida, he has been a featured performer in the Florida International University's Music Festival, ISCM New Music Miami Festival, the Palm Beach Chamber Music Festival, Coral Gables' Mainly Mozart Series, University of Miami's Miami Festival, and as founder and co-director of the Deering Estate at Cutler's "Living Artist Concert Series."
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all UI-sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to attend this concert, contact the School of Music in advance at 319-335-1603.
For a UI arts calendar and details about upcoming events visit the Arts Iowa website.