Tuesday, June 18, 2019

The University of Iowa is participating in the 2019 Corridor Corporate Games, a series of competitions among Cedar Rapids and Iowa City organizations that promote teamwork, esprit de corps, and wellness. Events run until July 31.

“I’ve found a variety of ways to represent the University of Iowa in the Corridor Corporate Games this summer—without breaking a sweat,” says Kelly Carr, a social worker at the UI Hospitals & Clinics. “I enjoyed peace and quiet during the nature hike at Wickiup Hill, I’m participating in Burst Your Thirst Challenge by trying to increase my water intake, I’ve scheduled an appointment to donate blood at DeGowin Blood Center, and I plan to assist with rider check-in for one of the cycling events. And I have my eye on signing up for even more.”

The UI’s goals are to connect with the corridor community by volunteering at the events, donate blood locally with DeGowin Blood Center, and build camaraderie within the university by participating in the open non-competitive events—which include cycling tours in Iowa City and Cedar Rapids, basketball shooting, yoga, fitness walks, Zumba, and many more.

Anyone who attempts to donate blood, regardless if it is a successful donation, will contribute to the UI’s score. Find donation locations here.

Learn more about the Corridor Corporate Games and sign up here. Participants will receive a free Hawkeye T-shirt and bandana (while supplies last) to wear as an optional uniform.

Any participation will help the UI win, so gather a group of co-workers and get involved to show your Hawkeye pride.