A message from Vice President for Student Life Melissa Shivers
Wednesday, January 17, 2018
Lyn Redington headshot
Lyn Redington

It is with mixed emotions that I share the news that Lyn Redington will be leaving the Division of Student Life in the coming months.

Lyn has served as the assistant vice president and dean of students for the past two-and-a-half years. Congratulations are in order to Lyn as she has recently been appointed vice president for student life at Idaho State University.

I am grateful to Lyn for her service to the UI. She has assisted me during a time of transition, and I appreciate everything she did to help acquaint me with the division.

As we look to begin a national search for the position, I will be visiting with the team in the office and talking with campus partners to build a consensus about the needs of the division going forward. No decisions have been made about interim plans yet, but I will keep everyone informed regarding plans moving forward.

Thank you, Lyn, for your ongoing efforts to give Iowa students the best possible experience. Your commitment to the University of Iowa is appreciated.