Monday, August 10, 2015
Jean Robillard
Jean Robillard Interim President

Since February, I’ve chaired the committee charged with identifying candidates for the next University of Iowa president. This week, we will conduct first-round interviews with a group of accomplished leaders, each of them a promising potential president. It’s an extremely talented pool of candidates with diverse backgrounds and ideas.

As we begin this most important phase of the recruitment process, I urge students, faculty, and staff to remain actively engaged. When the top candidates visit Iowa early this fall, you’ll have opportunities to hear from them firsthand and thoughtfully consider their abilities.

Your role is essential. These campus visits are our chance to showcase the university at its finest. I have no doubt that we’ll impress and inspire the candidates, one of whom will become the UI’s next leader.

I want to thank the entire university community for your ideas, interest, and investment as we approach this pivotal stage in the recruitment process. We share the goal of recruiting a president with a clear vision, a commitment to open and unrelenting communication, and an intense dedication to the mission of this public research university.

At this historic time, we are poised to see our university achieve new heights of excellence. Together, we can make a difference in shaping the future of this great university.

You can find more information about the search process at president.uiowa.edu/ui-president-search, and I welcome your questions and comments.