Media advisory: Child protection experts available for interviews at UI March 28
Main Page Content
WHAT: Open media event featuring presenters from the 2014’s University of Iowa Provost’s Global Forum
WHERE: River Room, Iowa Memorial Union
WHEN: 9-11 a.m. Friday, March 28
WHO: Experts of child abuse and neglect from around the world who are visiting the University of Iowa for the Provost’s Global Forum “Child Protection: A Global Responsibility” will be available for interviews.
Present for the media availability will be:
- Resmiye Oral, professor of pediatrics and director of the Child Protection Program at University of Iowa Children's Hospital
- Teresa Magalhaes, professor of forensic medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Porto University, Portugal
- George Nikolaidis, head of Department of Mental Health and Social Welfare, Institute of Child Health, Greece
- Desmond Runyan, professor of pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine
- Zeynep Sofuoglu, training coordinator, Izmir 112 Emergency Medical Services
- Betul Ulukol, professor of social pediatrics, Ankara University Medical School
- Naeem Zafar, associate professor of pediatrics medicine, Rashid Latif Medical College; Pakistan founding president, Protection and Help of Children Against Abuse and Neglect
All experts are appearing at other public events during the forum March 26-28. More information and a full schedule can be found here.
To read a related story, visit here.