Department of Dance to present Faculty/Graduate Concert
Main Page Content
Photo by Alex Bush.
All works choreographed by faculty members and graduate students in the University of Iowa Department of Dance will come to life on stage at the Faculty/Graduate Concert at 8 p.m. Thursday-Saturday, Feb. 13-15, in Space Place Theater, 101 North Hall, on the UI campus.
The performance will include:
- Essência (2006), choreographed by Armando Duarte
- Secret Sympathies, choreographed by Charlotte Adams
- 5 Stage Reaction, choreographed by Jeremy Blair
- 45 Seconds, choreographed by Eloy Barragán
- Let Me Try This Again, choreographed by Dana Powers-Klooster in collaboration with Sophia Sednova
- A Life in Motion, choreographed by Jennifer Kayle, with collaborative movement development from the dancers
- Again Please Thank You No, choreographed by Alex Bush in collaboration with Lindsay Fisher and Dana Powers-Klooster
Tickets are $12 ($6 for seniors, college students, and youth; free for UI students with valid ID) and are available through the Hancher Box Office at 319-335-1160 or 800-426-2437 or online at the Hancher website.
This event is part of the Series on Arts and Rights campaign. SOAR is a joint initiative of the UI Center for Human Rights and the Division of Performing Arts. The initiative’s goal is to engage and incorporate works that promote dialogue and critical thought, whether they explicitly address a human rights issue or whether they simply communicate ideas or concepts that question what it means to be human.
The Department of Dance is a part of the Division of Performing Arts in the UI College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all UI-sponsored events. If you require reasonable accommodations in order to participate in this program, contact Hancher Accessibility Services in advance at 319-335-1158.