Center for New Music Ensemble to perform Feb. 15
Main Page Content
The University of Iowa Center for New Music (CNM), housed within the UI School of Music, will present a free performance by the CNM Ensemble at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 15, in Riverside Recital Hall on the UI campus.
The program will include:
- Fantasia by Elaine Erickson; performed by Elizabeth Gotlund, organ
- Etude Fantasy by Timothy Kramer; performed by Pablo Gorin, organ
- Orion by David Vayo; performed by Casey Rafn, piano, and Andrew Thierauf, percussion
- Lake Effect by Timothy Kramer; performed by the CNM Ensemble (Zach Stanton, conductor)
- Hexachord Fantasy by Alan Schmitz; performed by the CNM Ensemble (David Gompper, conductor)
- Generator by Zach Zubow; performed by the CNM Ensemble (Zach Stanton, conductor)
- Four Short Scenes by Brooke Joyce; performed by the CNM Ensemble (David Gompper, conductor)
The CNM Ensemble consists of:
- Emily Duncan, flute
- Allison Offerman, oboe
- Thiago Ancelmo de Souza, clarinet
- Fabio Benites Felippe da Silva, bassoon
- Christopher Hunter, horn
- Laura Saylor, trumpet
- Benjamin Yates, trombone
- Andrew Thierauf, percussion
- Wannapha Yanavut, percussion
- Casey Rafn, piano
- Andrew Gentzsch, violin
- Rebecca Malina, violin
- Manuel Tabora Deras, viola
- Tom Maples, violoncello
- John Wertz, double bass
The Center for New Music, a performance organization devoted to the late 20th and early 21st century repertoire, is the focus of contemporary composition and performance at the University of Iowa. The center functions as a laboratory and performance extension of the School of Music's composition area, and as a repertory ensemble for the creation and presentation of new music in general.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all UI-sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to attend this concert, contact the School of Music in advance at 319-335-1603.
For a UI arts calendar and details about upcoming events visit the Arts Iowa website.