Call for Brody Award nominations
Main Page Content
The University of Iowa Faculty Senate invites nominations for the Michael J. Brody Award for Faculty Excellence in Service to the university and the state of Iowa. Nominations are due March 13.
Established in 1990 in memory of Michael J. Brody, professor of pharmacology and UI faculty leader, the awards were created by faculty, for faculty, and are among the university’s most prestigious honors.
The annual awards recognize 1-3 tenure-track and clinical-track faculty members whose service:
- Stands out for exceptionally effective contributions to the UI or external constituents
- Manifests imagination and dedication that improves the university or meets the needs of external constituents
- Extends over several years
- Includes diverse formal and informal activities in faculty governance, committee work, policy improvement, program creation, external engagement, and the like
- Has been performed primarily as faculty members
Faculty, staff, students, or off-campus constituents may submit nominations that include:
- Completed nomination form
- Description of service
- Current curriculum vitae
- Letters of endorsement from three faculty, plus optional endorsements from external constituents