Detours for residence-hall traffic
Main Page Content
With construction on Interstate 80 exit 244 to Dubuque Street, drivers are advised to take alternate routes, especially as incoming University of Iowa students move into campus residence halls Aug. 18-25.
The westbound off-ramp from I-80 to Dubuque is closed. Students, families, and others arriving on I-80 traffic from the east should instead use exit 246 to Dodge Street.
For a map of incoming routes to UI residence halls via exit 246, click here.
For a map of out-of-town routes to exit 246 via Governor Street, click here.
All drivers are encouraged to avoid north Dubuque Street and possible congestion around Mayflower hall during the peak move-in period, particularly Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, Aug. 19, 21, and 22.
Directions to residence hall facilities
From exit 246 Dodge Street, traffic bound for east-campus housing facilities—Daum, Burge, Currier, Stanley, Mayflower, and Parklawn residence halls, and Clinton Street Area Apartments (Centerstone, Bloomington House, Dubuque House)—should turn right at Church Street. From Church:
- Daum, Burge, Currier, and Stanley traffic should continue beyond Dubuque Street, where Church curves to the left and becomes Clinton Street. Residence halls are located on the right along Clinton.
- Traffic to Clinton Street Area Apartments should follow Church to Clinton. Apartment residents check in at Daum residence hall.
- Mayflower traffic should turn right at Dubuque and proceed down the hill, past Park Road, and to Mayflower on the right. Mayflower traffic should stay in the right lane to access the parking lot, while through-traffic should keep left.
- Parklawn traffic should turn right at Dubuque Street, then left at Park Road. Parklawn is located at the top of the hill on the left.
Find residence-hall move-in info on Twitter by searching the hashtag #uimovein13.
Traffic bound for west-campus facilities—Rienow, Slater, Hillcrest, and Quadrangle residence halls, and Hawks Ridge Apartments—should take Dodge Street to Burlington Street and turn right. From Burlington:
- Traffic to Rienow, Slater, Hillcrest and Quadrangle should proceed across the Iowa River and Riverside Drive. The residence halls are located on the hill just west of Riverside.
- Traffic to Hawks Ridge should cross the Iowa River, turn left on Riverside Drive, then turn right on Highway 1. The apartments are on the right side of the highway.