Iowa Now showcases news of note to the University of Iowa community and shares the UI story with the world. Have an item or idea to share? Email email@example.com.
Iowa Now’s achievements section is a concise yet prominent way to highlight student, faculty, and staff. Achievements categories include:
- Appointments to campus, state, national, and international posts or organizations, plus faculty promotion and tenure
- Honors, awards, and other recognition
- Grants supporting research, academic, or other programs
- Scholarships helping students pursue education or enrichment opportunities
- Publications representing timely research papers, books, or other publications by the UI faculty, staff, and students
Submit all sorts of campus events via the UI Events Calendar: events.uiowa.edu. Select events will appear in the Iowa Now events roundup.
In the News and UI Spotlight
These sections highlight stories from external media or other UI websites—let us know if you spot a notable headline.
Iowa Now feature stories showcase UI people and programs. We can’t tell every story out there, so we look for and develop the best with partners across campus. Ideal stories:
- Advance and reflect the university’s missions
- Showcase what makes the UI great—strong academics, impact across Iowa and beyond, a distinctive campus culture
- Appeal to key Iowa Now audiences—UI students, faculty, and staff.
- Present opportunities to be told in words, pictures, video, graphics, etc.
- Enhance the university’s reputation in an engaging, informative, and representative way
Iowa Now emails
Iowa Now emails are sent weekly (each Thursday) to faculty and staff; every other week to undergraduate and graduate students, and monthly to parents.
The emails are a curated list of timely and important news and information for each audience.
If you have an item you’d like us to consider sharing in an upcoming Iowa Now email, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While Iowa Now emails are not a vehicle for promoting campus events, we will consider sharing an event using these criteria:
- Reflects the university’s strategic priorities (for example, DEI Heritage Month events)
- Represents an area of distinction for the university (for example, writing or neuroscience)
- Has broad appeal to Iowa Now audiences—UI students, faculty, and staff
- Enhances the university’s reputation in an engaging, informative, and representative way (for example, the annual Presidential Lecture or Lecture Committee series)
- Is designed for large attendance (for example, will be held in a large auditorium or venue)
- Does not displace other critical, timely content that must be shared