Ten Minute Play Festival opens Feb. 13
Main Page Content
Six undergraduate playwrights will have their plays brought to life at the University of Iowa Ten Minute Play Festival. The festival, presented by the Department of Theatre Arts, will hold its first performances at 8 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 13, in Theatre B of the UI Theatre Building.
Additional shows will be held at 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Feb. 14 and 15, and at 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 16.
The 10-minute works will include:
- Ashes on the Table, written by Katie Wilson, directed by Sarah Lovell
- Gave All, written by Natalie Vicchio, directed by John Shang
- Gray Area, written by Luke Passow, directed by Caitlin Dorsett
- Just One Puff, written by Catherine Shook, directed by Hiram Alexander Orozco
- Stoned, written by Elena Bruess, directed by Molly Brown
- The Way They Move Like People, written by David Freeman, directed by Marisa Ramos
Tickets are $5 (free for University of Iowa students with a valid UI ID) and are available in the Theatre Building lobby one hour before show time.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all UI-sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to attend these performances, contact the Department of Theatre Arts in advance at 319-335-2700.
For a UI arts calendar and details about upcoming events visit the Arts Iowa website.