HawkTools at your fingertips
Main Page Content
University of Iowa students have a new toolkit for accessing online services, tracking the latest events and news, and even deciding where to eat or do laundry.
The HawkTools mobile app—available for iOS and Android devices—debuted with the start of the semester, first as a way for incoming students to navigate On Iowa! events. So far, the app has been downloaded more than 2,000 times.
“HawkTools offers an convenient way for students to access the resources they use the most from one place,” says Romy Bolton, director of web services for UI Information Technology Services. “Above all, we wanted to make it useful and easy to navigate.”
Among the app’s features:
- Menus from the Burge and Hillcrest Market Places, and links to real-time info about open dining locations
- A way to monitor washers and dryers in residence hall laundries, helping students spot available machines and keep track of whether their laundry is done
- Links to mobile versions of the After Class and Hawkeyesports.com websites where users can follow event postings and athletics news
- Access to mobile versions of ISIS, ICON, and Hawkmail for student information, course tools, and email, respectively
- A connection to the Bongo (Bus on the Go) app for tracking Cambus, Iowa City, and Coralville bus systems in real time