Dance department presents undergraduate concert May 3-5
Main Page Content
The Department of Dance's annual undergraduate concert will take place at 8 p.m., Thursday-Saturday, May 3-5, at Space Place Theater. Photo courtesy of Michelle Smith, Greensmith Photography.
The University of Iowa Department of Dance will present an undergraduate dance concert at 8 p.m., Thursday-Saturday, May 3-5 in Space Place Theater of North Hall.
The performance will feature:
- “Time Resets,” choreographed by Courtney Paulsen and featuring dancers Jackie Crivlare, Molly Schuneman, Katie Skinner, and Sophia Sednova Sparham.
- “Me, the Barns, and Templeton,” choreographed by Makinze Meiners and featuring dancer Hope Spear.
- “Infitialis,” choreographed by Ashley Michalek and featuring dancers Elizabeth Dickson, Irina Gass, Marisha Johnson, Lauren Linder, Claire Mueller, and Colleen Ward.
- “Wallflower,” choreographed by Jennifer Gram and featuring dancer Chris Masters, in addition to Gram.
- “Set My Spirit Free,” choreographed by Emma Rose Carson and featuring dancers Chelsea Brown, Ashley Michalek, Claire Mueller, Jennifer Pray, and Colleen Ward.
- "Echoes of Silence,” choreographed and performed by Mia Miller.
- “We Love Love?” choreographed by Leah McClure and featuring dancers Theresa Berger, Jennifer Gram, Carolyn Kalscheur, and Julie Walter.
- “Between a Moment,” choreographed and performed by Elizabeth Dickson.
- “I’ve Got 99 Problems but a Bitch Ain’t One,” choreographed by Erin Fitzgerald and featuring dancers Shaina Branfman and Sean Laughead, in addition to Fitzgerald.
- “The Final…” choreographed by Mia Miller and featuring dancer Brittany Reuss.
- “Au Corant Timbre,” choreographed by Julia Stelmach and featuring dancers Katie Driggs, Irina Gass, and Alee Ronchetto.
- “Movement 8,” choreographed by Sara Carusona and featuring dancers Hannah Anderson, Bianca Medina, Molly Schuneman, and Kathryn Smith, in addition to Carusona.
- “Should the Shadows Come,” choreographed and performed by Jennifer Pray.
- “Tetrishead,” choreographed by Theresa Berger and featuring dancers Erin Fitzgerald, Marisha Johnson, Ashley Michalek, Leah McClure, and Julie Walter.
Admission is $12 ($6 for senior citizens and youth, free to UI students with a valid UI ID); tickets are available in advance through the Hancher Box Office at 319-335-1160, 800-426-2437, or www.hancher.uiowa.edu/tickets.