Annual Tenure Workshop set for April 4
Main Page Content
The University of Iowa Chapter of the American Association of University Professors (AAUP), Faculty Senate, and the Office of the Provost will host the annual Tenure Workshop on Wednesday, April 4, in Room W401 of Pappajohn Business Building.
The workshop is free and no registration is required. Informal conversation and refreshments will begin at 6:30 p.m., and the formal program will begin at 7 p.m.
A panel of speakers will give advice on how to be successful in obtaining tenure and will discuss applicable procedures.
- Raúl Curto, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences executive associate dean
- Richard Fumerton, professor of philosophy and Faculty Senate president
- Susan Johnson, university ombudsperson
- Maria Lukas, deputy general counsel
- Alan McVey, director of the Division of Performing Arts and chair of the Department of Theatre Arts
- Tom Rice, associate provost for faculty
- Katherine Tachau, professor of history and vice president of the UI AAUPchapter
Visit the university's AAUP chapter website for more information on the organization.